It is important to understand the technology and the requirements to support a video wall. The following are just a few things to consider before integration, location (inside or outside), maintenance, image quality, LCD or LED, and ease of implementation (available space).
LED stands for “light-emitting diode” which is a tiny, two-lead semiconductor light source. Unlike standard light bulbs, they do not have a filament, which means that they don’t burn out or run hot. They are illuminated by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor material. This also determines the color of the bulb. LEDs are special because they can produce and emit light on their own which makes them long lasting and extremely durable. LED video walls are comprised of Direct View LED displays that work as a unit to display content as if it were a single screen. They are incredibly efficient because each component is responsible for conducting and emitting its own light.
Video walls are comprised of several small LED displays mounted on a flat panel. When installing an LED video wall, it is important to keep in mind the average viewing distance. The number of pixels will determine the resolution. The closer people are to the video wall, the finer the pixel pitch is needed.
The Benefits of DV LED Digital Signage according to FWI:
- High brightness≥ 800 nits
- Designed for high illumination
- Can be displayed in a well-lit room or on a showroom floor
- Great for outdoor video walls
- Handles ambient lighting better than LCD
- Runs on NIT, not Lux
- Energy efficient and long lasting
- Long life ≥ 50,000 hours
- Best refresh rates of any video wall on the market
- Seamless: LED panels have minimal bezels (seams) and can be tiled together
- Lower pixel density
- Unmatched uniformity
- Wide viewing angles
- Depth varies, rear access common
- Any size or shape, not just 16:9
- Achieves true black with epoxy coated LEDs
- Wide color gamut ≥ 95% NTSC and accuracy
- Self-emitting light source
LED is the signage that is taking over the world. The picture is clear, the integration is flexible, and the hardware is more affordable than ever. For more information, or if you have any questions, please call 216-930-4567. QAV provides rentable LED video walls for any event.